Saturday, February 22, 2014

Social Media and Adobe Connect

During this course, we had to select a social media platform and present on it to the class in a live, webinar forum called Adobe Connect.  I chose to present on Twitter, since I’m pretty familiar with the platform and it is a heavy hitter in e-communication today. This was my first time ever using Adobe Connect and it was quite an experience!

At first, I was very confused. Do I need an account? Does it cost money and is there a free trial? How do I become a presenter in the classroom? Should I share my screen or upload a document? I went into the classroom a few times to play around, and that helped answer a lot of my questions. I also communicated via email with a few of my classmates and we helped each other figure it out.

On the day of the presentation, I logged in plenty early. Since I was presenting first, I uploaded my PowerPoint and played around with switching between slides, etc. to make sure everything was working. I also tested my audio with a few of the other participants who were in the session waiting for the presentations.

During the presentation, I was surprisingly relaxed and comfortable. I liked being able to communicate with my classmates as they typed into the text box and I could answer their questions out loud. I think that was a great way to keep people engaged and promote interaction.

Once it was over and I got to listen to/watch my recorded presentation, I thought it went well. My volume was good, the slides worked properly, and the class got engaged.  I started a little too quickly, so my intro was cut off a bit, but that can easily be fixed for next time. Although I was nervous about using a new platform, I learned a lot and am looking forward to getting to use this medium again towards the end of the course!


If you want to take a look at my presentation on Twitter, you can find it here!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the humorous take on Twitter. Here's a 2 minute one from Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake: http://youtu.be/57dzaMaouXA#aid=P9-405Old5Q

    ReplyDelete