Thursday, March 6, 2014

Blog Carnival

Hey everyone! Since I’ve been working on this blog for class, I’m taking part in our blog carnival to showcase some of the excellent work of my classmates! Here are some of my favorite posts from the blogs of my classmates:

Mobile Marketing is a Must! I love this post from my classmate, Kate. I especially like how she included an infographic. In this infographic, it detailed some good points about why businesses should use mobile marketing, and Kate eased my worries about being addicted to my cell phone by admitting to being addicted herself.  

5 tips for writing a good blog post by Stacy is great. While I did a post myself on tips for blogging, she covered 5 different, yet equally important, tips for bloggers.  My favorite two were to use an engaging graphic and editing your post by printing it out and reading it aloud. I’ve never really used pictures in this blog, but I agree that it is a good way to quickly grab someone’s eye and break up a monotonous text post. As for editing, I always edited my papers this way in school but never thought of how much it would help with finding errors in my blog posts, too!

The Narrowing Gap Between Digital and Traditional Media by Ed is an incredibly thorough post that provides a lot of information. I love how he discusses the connection between traditional and digital mediums, including broadcast news stations using Twitter feeds. I was also very interested in how successful Publix is with their social media, because I never would have thought of following a grocery store on Facebook, but they seem to be incredibly successful through this target marketing.

Klout by Yusef is another great post detailing a much less familiar social media platform. Klout actually takes your social media influence and grades you on it, then rewards you based on how high that grade is. I think if you are trying to use social media as a business, or to develop your own personal brand, Klout is a great indicator of how successful you are without having to delve into complicated analytics.

Hopefully you enjoyed these posts as much as I did! I love getting to look at the blogs of my classmates and see how everyone has a different take on our blog assignments.


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment